Monday, November 30, 2009

OKANAGAN HOCKEY ACADEMY: ANDY OAKES IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

I used to play for OHA. I too was promised things that never came to fruition, but that is not an issue with me.

OHA is a business and Andy operates it to make dollars. It is awful how he has changed, people that knew the old Andy can attest to this.

I don't want to bash on anyone, I am not angry, as a former player though speaking to prospective parents I have this to say...

I would not send my child to OHA because it is not a family. There certainly is brotherhood among the teammates, but from a checkbook standpoint, each recruit is a dollar sign. The nicest Andy will ever be to you is right before he gets you to sign up for OHA, he is quite the actor, and not ashamed to make grand claims about your hockey future to get to your wallet. The all-mighty dollar has its ways of tearing down good people, and Andy certainly is not the same man he was when he brought the IDT to OHS. I am certain too that you can get more for less elsewhere too, if finances are a concern.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The OHA owners are filled with pure greed. They make loads of empty promises just to get into your wallet. That is absolutely true. The only reason they made any effort whatsoever to place any players from last year is to save face. This blog has exposed their dirty little secrets.

Anonymous said...

Andy Oakes is a BIG TIME LIAR.

Anonymous said...

Not an honest businessman; I agree. He's a liar, cheater and a thief.

Anonymous said...

I just found this site and i think it is the best thing that can happen to parents looking for a school to send their kid to. I went to OHA five years ago and it was ok. My parents and i thought it was a waste of money then. Over the years we have being hearing some bad things about it. When we saw on this Blog they were charging $40,000.00 we then read all of the posts. All of the things that are going now where going on when i was there. The reason we left, was because of some of the things Andy said would happen never did. Also we were charged more money for trips.

Anonymous said...

Enrolment is so low they are bringing girls in now. That is so funny!